Thursday, October 27, 2011

When in doubt, puppies!

I've been enjoying the conference and learning a lot of amazing info to take back to my shop; however, I'm struggling with this blog posting assignment. If I had more time, I could do the Julia and Julia thing, but since I don't and I can't be domestic to save my life, let's consider that a bonus. I did want to take the time to talk about what I miss the most while on TDY....Homeless Puppy Walking Day!

Every Wednesday afternoon, I head to Pet Welfare (a no-kill, all-volunteer shelter on Eglin Air Force) and walk the dogs . It is a good form of exercise and very cheap therapy. No matter how bad of a day you have, you can't beat 20 dogs that live to see you. This week two of our long time members went home---Daisy, whose owner returned from a deployment, and Laredo, a sweet guy who was in the shelter for over a year. I'm sad I didn't get to say goodbye to them this week, but I'm happy knowing they have a "pawsome furever" home and space is available to help other dogs in need of care.

Love, peace and chicken grease, Ashley M. Wright
PS for more info, www.petwelfare.net.

2 comments:

  1. Neat topic! Wish we could have seen a photo of someone walking the dogs since it helps bring in viewers. Good job including a link - there's a way to set it up as a hyperlink for a cleaner appearance. Follow up with us tomorrow and we can show you to do this if you're interested.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't get the photos to post! I have a load of cute puppies photos!!!! Thanks for the kind words and knowledge throughout the week.

    ReplyDelete