
Who would have thought a trip to San Antonio would change my
life forever. A week of intense instruction in military journalism, photography
and broadcasting in the military capital of the world would be any public
affairs specialist’s dream. While I learned a lot professionally, this trip changed
my life personally; I met a girl.
life forever. A week of intense instruction in military journalism, photography
and broadcasting in the military capital of the world would be any public
affairs specialist’s dream. While I learned a lot professionally, this trip changed
my life personally; I met a girl.
The only thing I know about Julie is her first name, that she’s 26 and that she was recently diagnosed with breast cancer. With a grandmother, aunt and a very close cousin all living with the same type of cancer, it may be hard to believe it took a complete stranger’s story to change
my perspective on life.
my perspective on life.
After several misdiagnosis and a 5 years of projected life left, Julie’s outlook on life is one to be respected, complimented and admired. Given the circumstances, one wouldn’t be faulted for wanting to throw in the towel and give up on life as it has seemingly given up on her -- not Julie. Her courage is infectious.
It may sound cliché, but Julie taught me in a few short hours what some people fail to learn in a lifetime which is to live life to the fullest and cherish every moment.
Thank you Julie, for the lesson of a lifetime.
No comments:
Post a Comment