
I am in love with Mexican food.
The vibrant colors, gooey cheese and exotic scents and sizzles all combine inside your mouth in a bountiful explosion of flavor! Aside from an accompanying margarita, what could be better?
As a resident Texan, I was raised on the flavorful variety of such foods…and I rarely trust self-proclaimed authentic Mexican restaurants outside of the Lone Star State’s borders. Thus, this trip to San Antonio was a rare opportunity for me to gorge myself on the spicy goodness of true south-of-the-border cuisine.
My first indulgence occurred on a late-night venture the first evening of our conference. I visited the Iron Cactus and was treated to a delightful 100% agavé margarita and Texas-sized slice of tres leches cake. The smoothness of the drink more than complimented the creaminess of the cake. Pure bliss. I was embarrassed to leave crumbs on my plate.
My second venture rewarded me with a pile of authentic southern nachos. The plate was piled high with meat, chili, lettuce, beans, pico de gallo, guacamole and cheese. Plenty of corn chips were provided for me to scoop the meal into my watering mouth.
The next mission? To find the most succulent, juicy and perfectly cooked steak fajitas rolled in spicy lime marinade, onion and bell peppers. The dish will be accompanied by a side platter of lettuce, pico de gallo, guacamole and warm, fluffy tortillas.
All this writing has made me hungry…I’m off to another delightful Texas dining experience!
*Image courtesy of: www.bestsouthwestrestaurantqueens.com
No comments:
Post a Comment