Most people suggest that love at first sight is just a
cliché, but the moment we find our soul mate, it changes our values, goals and
aspiration. Was it my eventual wife Michelle, or was it three little girls
named Jenna, Erica and Lindsey, which made me open my eyes?
Because for more than 29 years, I wanted nothing more than a
life of solitude, which allowed me to follow my own values, goals and aspirations,
without a vision. Until one night, when I met a single mother of three precious
angles, who was working toward supporting a family alone, not allowing fear or society
to bog her down.
Watching this matriarch beat the odds and wanting nothing
more than to provide for her young family. It made me sit back in awe. How driven
can someone become when life throws them curve balls. This reality T.V. moment made
me the person I was always meant to be a father, a husband, a confidant
I once heard someone say, “God didn’t have a sense of humor,”
but I must say that person was a liar. During my first month in Iraq in 2009, I
discovered my wife was pregnant with our fourth child. Once the whirl wind of
emotion and shock subsided I couldn’t be more proud. I was
searching the internet for toys for my son? Ethan. Knowing that if you believe
in something hard enough it’s bound to become a reality? WRONGGGG, girl number
four Camille Alizabeth Chavana would be born only a few months after I returned
home.
The story behind this blog isn’t to inform anyone about my
life, but merely suggest to those reading this be prepared for those unseen
moments. Somewhat like peering through the lens of a camera, as you’ve prepared
for this shot after countless hours of class time already feeling the jealous
of your peers. You’ve anticipated this moment all day, preparing, asking
questions and the moment arrives as the
sunset glides over the horizon, basking it raises through a sea of skyscraper
windows, streams of light glistening, preparing to capture this moment for
eternity, to only discover you’re battery is dead. Always have a vision that
allows you to conquer your goals, aspirations and maintain your visions of
grandeur, but remain vigilant, because you never know when a moment in time
will provide you with a reality check.
Nice heartfelt blog. You can tell you really put some time into expressing how you feel and offer readers something to consider. A graphic element would have been nice, and I would recommend using justified text with paragraph breaks vs. ragged right with no breaks between paragraphs to make sure it's easier for the reader to get through.
ReplyDelete