By Chandra Lloyd -- I have a greater appreciation for the Airman who tell the Air Force story through the lens of a camera. Wait, even better through the lens of a camera while dodging bullets....take a moment to marinate on that!
The appreciation comes from attending a week long Air Force Communicators Workshop in San Antonio.
"I've got a Nikon D7000, but check out my D700." "Try opening up the aperture and briniging in more light." "Sunny 16 works for me everytime, try it!"
Wait, what?!? Where am I, and what the heck are you talking about?
This whole week has been nothing but a blur to me, but I like it (no pun intended by the photo).
Bringing back a great photo is more than just pointing and clicking. It takes time, talent, experience, and most importantly, passion. The passion in the photographer's eyes is remarkable, and it's clear through their work. Photography is a profession, it's therapy, it's an art. So why was I okay with bringing back blurry dark photos of a base event, when Airman go to school for weeks to study this profession?
The words, "I didn't know" is no longer an excuse for the horrible products brought back to the office.
Mad props go out to those who tell the Air Force story through the lens of a camera.
No comments:
Post a Comment