After a week of intense in class training and going out on daily safaries, I can honestly say I had no clue how I'd make it through the Public Affairs Communicator's Workshop. I'm happy to say I did but even happier that it was worth the wait after two years of not being allowed to attend the workshop due to all these other issues such as deployments,priorities, the budget etc...
Now I'm here and my objectives while here were to refresh my journalistic skills but most of all to stretch my understanding of photography. Check, at the journalist refresher not so much at the photo captivation portion. I enjoyed being able to go out and take random photos of work and play by the famous Riverwalk. But I learned so much more about what it takes to really capture an image. It was patience. Learn how to wait for the moment even if your subject was driving you bananas and you really wanted to point, click and shoot your camera then get away.
It's been a real eye opener and I respect photographers even more because really, I didn't know I had to walk around with a handful of singles or list to write down the request for the subjects of our photos.That may not have been a good thing to mention but not everyone is as excited as others to be on the lens end of the camera. However,patience is still key and be ready to capture that rare moment when they are not completely self concious and aware of the fact some stranger is trying to convince them to be in their photos.
Regardless, it was all about taking baby steps and that's exactly what I did throughout the workshop. But the concept I got from this training was like everything else in life practice makes perfect and practice, I will do until it's perfect.
No comments:
Post a Comment