However, as a Pennsylvania native, this town offers little satisfaction. I need all four seasons: a snowy Winter, warm Spring, sunny Summer and chilly Autumn. The amount of sand and lack of color in the greater San Antonio region appears dull to the eye of someone spoiled by tall forests and windy rivers.
Don't get me wrong. I am in no way, shape or form complaining about my current location. I am more than grateful for the opportunity to benefit from this training. And I have, in many ways.
Surrounded by this wealth of experience and knowledge, I've also gained an immense amount of pride this week. I've always been proud of my job, but this week has kicked that pride up to the next level. I really do have the best job in the Air Force.
Long story short- I loved the workshop, the camaraderie and the experience. But loved San Antonio? Not so much.
No comments:
Post a Comment