
I'm sure you've heard it before.... the saying 'Everything is bigger in Texas.'
Tis true.
In fact, it's quite possible the entire country is bigger (figuratively, not actually).
After being in Germany for two years, all I wanted was Chipotle and commercials. Now, after day two in San Antonio, all I can think about is how over-the-top America seems from an outsiders eyes.
In Germany, stores close at 6 p.m. on week days and are closed on Sundays. Here, stores stay open till 9 p.m. or sometimes even later. Closed on Sundays? Here? Think again. Billboards fill every nook and cranny on city streets and if you need something? Luckily there is a convenience store nearby. I'm not saying the convenience of everything isn't great -- because it is. Shopping at superstores in the middle of the night? Only in America.
One thing I can say -- I am like a fat kid in a candy store with all of these lovely stores and restaurants.
Dinner anyone?
No comments:
Post a Comment