Thursday, October 27, 2011

My freezer has a nice temp.

Ever been in -50°F ?

Well it's days like these in Minot that I wouldn't mind seeking comfort in my refrigerator's freezer!

So far I've survived one winter in good ol' Minot, ND but I don't think I'm ready for another. Being from California, I have to admit I never thought I would find myself living in such a cold, deserted and flat area like the Dakota's.

However, I met a command chief one day who told me his first duty station was Minot and he wasn't the happiest person at the time. He said he struggled to stay motivated and never thought things would get better.

Later on when he moved on to a different place and realized being in Minot prepared him so much. It had given him a new perspective in his Air Force career, that he now thanks the fact he was once stationed at Minot, but knows it's difficult for Airmen to grasp a similar realization in this moment.

He is right, it's difficult now for me, yet I hope I can realize it one day as well. He IS a chief after all...





No comments:

Post a Comment