The river walk in San Antonio, Texas is the home to several ducks.
They eat, sleep and play along the stone pathways. At night they swim close to the edges of the water waiting for tourists to throw a piece of bread or better yet, Mexican fajitas their way. On special occasions they get brave and welcome themselves into the restaurants to grab chips and other glorious food pieces that have fallen to the ground.
The excitement the ducks see at night leaves them bored during the day. When I offered to feature them in a blog, they eagerly jumped at the opportunity to provide modeling services to a starving photographer.
They weren't all great subjects. Some flew away from me too quickly for my point-and-shoot camera to catch the action. Others preferred to flirt with each other and completely ignored me when I asked them to come closer due to my limited zoom capabilities.
Just when I was beginning to lose hope in my point-and-shoot and was wishing I had brought the D3 instead, I met Quacks.
Quacks knew what he was doing. He stuck to the same spot for approximately 30 minutes, allowing me to adjust the few settings I had available on my camera. I shot high angles, low angles and adjusted the exposure levels. Seventy-eight shots later, I finally captured a good photo.
Special shout out to Quacks for his patience.
Side note: He's available until 6 p.m. tonight if the tourists aren't cooperating.
No comments:
Post a Comment