Thursday, October 27, 2011

Work and Play in San Antonio

Week long 2011 Air Force Communicators Workshop in San Antonio. Woo hoo. Party time. Bathing suit, check. Tanning lotion, check…wait, there’s homework. What’s up with that?

But all kidding aside, the past four days have been long, informative and even fun.

I’ve met a lot of new people. Reconnected with a lot of people from previous bases and deployment and I’ve still gotten to enjoy San Antonio.

On day two of the workshop we were given our photo assignment. Work and play in San Antonio. And no one can cover the same thing. Hello, we have a hotel on the River Walk. Where is everyone gonna go? To the main tourist section of the River Walk most likely, although I know that others did branch out more into the city.

Me, I decided to head to the North part of the River Walk where the Lock & Damn is. I spent several days shooting the Rio Taxi going through the lock from up above and from inside the boat. I went North and South. At first I shot more of the lock and boats rather than the people. After feedback sessions I started to focus more on the people working and riding the boats. Today I got lucky, I was taking pictures of a bird (I think it was an egret) on the gate when a boat came through. I captured the tourists as they captured the bird.

The week is almost over. I’ve learned new things about PA and some better and/or different ways to do things for photo. All things considered, we could have shot each other taking photos for the photo assignment because in the end, this week has been work and play for us in San Antonio.

No comments:

Post a Comment