Thursday, October 27, 2011

Kittens Can Kill?

A friend of mine, who is an Army JAG, posted this picture today on Facebook.

At first I thought that it had to be a joke, seriously kittens, dangerous? And then I read the text on the side.

It talks about rabies, detecting it and direction to avoid contact with animals while deployed.

All good information.

I suppose the poster is effective, it did get my attention and I did read it. It's a good and necessary message to get out.

However, I think the silliness of the imagery diminishes the seriousness of the message.

A roaring kitten? Really?

The soldier reaching for the kitten, it's so photoshopped that it looks ridiculous.

There is a tendency by many to use exaggerated humor to grab attention. You see it in advertising all the time. Most of the time, it's great.

But it's not always a good idea especially when it's not well done. Humor is not easy. A good communicator could pull it off, but I'm not sure if one was involved here. It's just too overdone to really work.

What do you think, was a PA involved?

Ps. Watch out for kittens.

No comments:

Post a Comment